Sectioned – Purulent Reality

Ah, good old death metal! I have to admit I never get tired of the rotten sound of this genre, especially when it takes me to the Californian sounds of the 90’s. And Sectioned do that pretty well, I have to admit: diabolical riffs, double bass pedal on the drums, possessed grunts… Singing about love? Yup, pretty much.
The lyrics are the weakest part on this record – for those who matter and care to read them.
All in all, Sectioned deliver a pretty decent and old school death metal, that is definitely worth a listen. A good nod with the head to Obituary, they spare no one, covered in rot, power, and heaviness. Is it only me, or these guys playing live would slay?
(7/10)

António Matos Silva

Band info: www.myspace.com/sectionedx
Label info: Paragon Records

0 Comments: