Total Fucking Destruction – Hater

There is a problem that I usually run into while attempting to review grindcore albums. That problem is that, with songs so short, I often cannot express myself enough to create a valid review. I believe that I have solved that problem while reviewing Total Fucking Destruction's latest grind offering, “Hater”.
Ranging in song lengths of almost 3:00 ("Time Theft") all the way down to 4 seconds ("If 9 Became 6", "Greenbleeder"), “Hater” kept my attention without letting me down for a second. Richard Hoak's superior drumming and vocal ability cannot go without noting how amazing he is. From his multi-pitched screams and growls to his Tom Araya-esque yelling, he soars out of my headphones flying at supersonic speed. Hoak's vocal ability cannot just go without stating his ability to enunciate perfectly. The way he spurts "human is the bastard!" on the albums closing track absolutely blew my mind. The guitarists become a beast as they unleash a melodic melee of grinding riffs. On this album, it is clear that these dudes can shred, playing in styles from hard rock, to thrash to grindcore and on.
So all in all, I fucking loved this grindcore masterpiece just as much, if not more than any of Total Fucking Destruction's previous releases and I will continue to love their blend of grinding goodness. In closing, I have to say I was definitely not a Hater for Total Fucking Destruction's “Hater”. I gladly give this album a perfect 10 and place it on the pedestal of amazing grind records.
(10/10)

Ross Gnarly
A full 1.453-word review of “Hater” can be found at Ross’ blog American Aftermath.

Band info: www.myspace.com/totalfuckingdestruction
Label info: www.translationloss.com
For fans of: Napalm Death, Brutal Truth

3 comments:

  1. This band is fucking massive, but calling the album a masterpiece seems exaggerated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Decibel Magazine said it’s the most extreme grind music ever and that says a lot.
    Their appearance at last year’s Maryland Death Fest was decimating, just hope they’ve the chance to repeat it again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments lads! I think Ross is absolutely right, this is a grindcore masterpiece.

    ReplyDelete