Inevitable End - The Oculus

The first time I heard this new record from Swedes Inevitable End I confess that I had to double-check if I placed the right album on rotation. The transformation between “The Oculus” and previous record “The Severed Inception” is so huge that it’s hard to believe that we’re talking about the same band. I personally think this album is a major step forward for the band, because not only the Swedes have evolved towards a more intense, mature and technical sound, but the new songs also reveal a greater personality.
The first couple of themes, namely “Tell Us, Parasites”, “Escaping the Black Hole” and “Zen” transports us into a Dillinger Escape Plan universe, an absolutely decimating and complex sound with lots of technical details, which works actually.

David Alexandre

Read full review here.

0 Comments: