Pseudogod - Deathwomb Catechesis

According to the press release accompanying this album, Russia's Pseudogod play "Satanic Black Death" which I suppose is supposed to mean that they play some heavy shit. I guess that's true as "Deathwomb Catechesis" is definitely an extremely heavy album that relentlessly pummels the listener's senses for the duration of the entire album. The band certainly has the chops to become a major player in the underground metal world with songs like opener "Vehement Decimation" and "Saturnalia (The Night of the Return) the highlights of the album.
At first my senses got completely shocked at the sheer brutality of the music and then I found myself getting more and more into the music as the album continued. Anyone who is into blackened death metal will want to check this out, it is definitely NOT for the faint of heart. (7/10) 

Curt 


0 Comments: