Alice in Chains | There's light at the end of the tunnel!

On September 29 I’ll finally get the chance to hear the long awaited new album from Alice in Chains, “Black Gives Way to Blue,” their first recording with new singer William DuVall, who has the difficult task of taking over the band’s vocals following the death of original vocalist Layne Staley in 2002. Vocalist/guitarist Jerry Cantrell along with drummer Sean Kinney and bassist Mike Inez are trying to bring the band back to life following a successful tour in 2006 and hopefully get a second chance with DuVall as lead singer.
“Black Gives Way to Blue” was recorded with producer Nick Raskulinecz (Rush, Foo Fighters) at Studio 606 in Northridge, California and Henson Studios in Hollywood, and features 11 themes, including the lead single "A Looking In View," which is a classic Alice in Chains song to this scribe. The riffs are massive and incredible memorable, the trademark vocal harmonies have the strength to linger in consciousness for who knows how long and the voice of DuVall is awesome and mighty powerful. I must confess I was slightly sceptical about the validity of an Alice in Chains without the charismatic voice of Staley, but after hearing the first themes already made public, the aforementioned “A Looking In View" and “Check my Brain,” I have the felling that “Black Gives Way to Blue” won’t disappoint me and neither will disappoint other Alice in Chains fans out there. Yes! I’m a massive Alice in Chains fan and I’m anxiously waiting for September 29 to get my hands on their new work.



Alice in Chains - A Looking In View


0 Comments: